Chili in my house is a new experience every time. Sometimes I look up a recipe and sometimes I just throw what ever is around my house in the pot. This recipe adapted from THIS recipe by Emeril on Foodnework.com
- 2 Yellow onions diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon crumbled Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add onions, red, and yellow bell peppers
- Cook until vegetables are soft , about 6 minutes.
- Add the jalapenos and garlic
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add turkey, chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, and crushed red pepper
- Cook, stirring to break up any lumps, until the turkey is cooked through about 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.