These were very easy to make though I think the next time I make them I’ll not put as much baking powder in. They were a little bit bitter. That was solved by melting some butter on them with some honey.
Makes 12 Muffins
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking oats)
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease well a 12-cup muffin tin
3. In a medium-size bowl, mix the oats and the milk and set aside for 10 minutes
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center.
5. Stir in the liquid ingredients and the oatmeal mixture until just combined, being careful not to overmix. Batter may be lumpy
6. Full the muffin cups about three-quarters full.
7. Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly golden or a cake taster inserted into center of muffin comes out with moist crumbs attached. Do not overbake.