I wanted something that was easy, yummy and inexpensive. This was perfect. I loved it, though it does look a little strange. Hubby helped out by chopping the vegetables and overly peppering the potatoes. I was a little nervous that he wouldn’t like it since it’s vegetarian and my husband seems to be enamored with meat. But happy day, he liked it.
- 1- 12oz package of Morning Star crumbles
- 4 – Large baking potatoes
- 1 – yellow onion (we only put in half since hubby doesn’t like them)
- 1 – 14 oz can of vegetarian baked beans
- 1- 10 oz can of condensed tomato soup
- 1- bell pepper (I like the red ones)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute diced onions over medium-high heat until golden.
- Then Add diced Red Bell peppers
- Add Morningstar Crumbles and cook until browned.
- Spray a 9 x 11″ baking dish with cooking spray and layer of thinly sliced potatoes on the bottom, overlapping.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover potatoes with onion mixture, spreading evenly.