Today’s story is about more chicken. Very bad for me chicken. Hubby and I decided to get fast food from KFC. However, they were all out of biscuits. How can you have fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy without some biscuits? So home we came and I put together these fabulous carbohydrates.
(Williams-Sonoma: Holiday Entertaining, pg. 191)
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven 450 degrees
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and thyme
- Add butter chunks and, using two knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture is the size of peas
- Stir together milk and maple syrup and pour into the dough
- Using a fork, mix just until the dry ingredients are moistened
- Gather the dough into a rough ball and knead a few times in the bowl.
- Place on baking sheet
- Bake until the tops are pale gold and the biscuits have puffed slightly, about 10 minutes.