This is starting to become a trend. Alex, my dear husband saying to me after dinner, lets make cookies. By this he only means one kind of cookie…
Chocolate chip cookies with m & m’s.
So here is our recipe. Nothing fancy, but they make great late night snacks.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.)Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
- 1 cup m & ms
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chips and m & ms.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes
- remove to wire racks to cool completely.
The key to our cookies is that we never measure out the chocolate. Alex just pours until he feels like there is enough. We usually end up with very chocolaty cookies. So much so that I always feel like saying having a little cookie with your chocolate?