It’s Friday the Thirteenth, and Hubby is away playing Dungeons and Dragons with his friends. This has been such a long and stressful week. No new mixer to ease my anxious heart, but now it’s time to relax and recoup. Maybe next week will yield a better outcome, with the new mixer.
What is a girl to do to ease the work week into the weekend? Watch NCIS and make something with chocolate, cream and a little alcohol. With an Ann Rule Book to devour afterwords.
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Rum
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chilled whipping cream
- Start by melting the chocolate in the rum over low heat. Melt until shiny and smooth.
2. Next, whip three egg whites on high speed or arm power, until soft peaks form.
3. Slowly add the quarter cup of sugar until the whites are stiff, but not dry.
4. Drizzle the cooled chocolate over the whipped eggs, and fold in gently.
5. Dish the mousse into cups or martini glasses.
6. Fridge for six hours, or until stiff. I lasted an hour before I ate the first one!
7. Before serving, whip 1/3 cup heavy cream into whipped cream sprinkled with a little sugar to sweeten it up.
8. Top the mousse with the whipped cream, and enjoy!