So let’s hope that my cookies don’t come out like the ones in this video. Then again I don’t tend to imbibe while making my creations.
I know I said no more sweets, but I just had too many cherries to just make a savory dish. Since Alex wanted chocolate chips in the cupcakes I decided to make chocolate chip cookies with a twist.
Cherry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 – 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashion oats, uncooked
- 2 cups cherries, chopped
- 1 cup milk-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt
- Add to egg mixture.
- Stir in oats, cherries and chocolate chips
- Mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 1 minute on cookie sheet
- Remove wire rack to cool completely.
More of the cherries are gone. Now, just a few left, hopefully we’ll use them up for dinner.