I’ve been having one of those weeks. The kind where I’m tired and irritated with everything and everyone. So, tonight when I got home from work, after I managed to workout, I wanted something sweet. I wanted something easy. I perused the complete Magnolia Cookbook and found the following recipe to satisfy my sweet tooth.
- 1 twenty-one-ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 sixteen-ounce can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1/2 box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into thin slices
- Preheat 325 degrees
- Pour cherry pie filling into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Smooth evenly over the bottom of dish with a rubber spatula
- Pour canned pineapple over the pie filling
- Sprinkle the white cake mix completely over the pineapple
- Place pecans evenly over the cake mix
- Top with slices of butter
- Bake bout 45 minutes or until cake appears golden and bubbly
- Serve warm right from the oven with a dollop of whipped cream