What do you do when meat is buy one get one free? Stock up, right? That is exactly what hubby and I did this past week. Now, what to do with all the meat? Alex said lets cook the pork and I said with something fruity. Then he suggested pineapple and here is the result of all that. And I must say it was fabulous. I tend to either overcook or way under-cook pork and these turned out beautifully.
- 4 medium sized pork chops 1 inch thick
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 1 – 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn starch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
- Salt and pepper pork chops to taste
- Drain Pineapple juice into a small sauce pan.
- Add brown sugar and mustard.
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat
- Stir in lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and cornstarch mixture.
- Simmer until thick, stirring constantly
- Brush sauce on both sides of pork chops
- Grill for 2 minutes on each side
- Add pineapple slice
- Brush with more sauce
- Grill on both sides for 2 more minutes
- When pork is done remove from grill and let set for 5 minutes
- Top with more sauce and serve