Here are a few cautions before we begin.
First, make sure you have all of the ingredients before you start putting them in the mixing bowl. I cannot stress this enough. This “cake” was suppose to be made with Nutella.
Second, don’t be such a spazz that you break your last cow print bowl. Which was going be the cooking bowl.
Third, don’t put the icing on and then decide that the “cake” needs to be done a little more. Because that is what I did and while melted frosting is appealing it could have been better without it running all over the place.
Fourth, Back to her roots has a warning about the egg used. See original recipe for warning.
Now we are ready to begin.
90 second peanut butter chocolate cake adapted from backtoherroots.com
- 1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 heaping tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour the batter into two greased ramekins or one large grease microwavable bowl or mug.
- Microwave on 70% power for 30 seconds. Check for dunness. I shook it and it still wiggled so into the microwave for an additional 15 seconds. basically keep doing this until you are happy with the firmness of the “cake”.
- I topped mine with some leftover cream cheese frosting.
- And serve. I tried to get mine out of the bowl, but no go so hubby and I just dug right in.