It’s Wednesday. YAY! Half way through the week.
I am so looking forward to the weekend. A three day weekend and a send off for the summer.
How about you? What are you excited about this week? Or this coming weekend?
To mark the almost weekend I decided to make something sweet for my dear co-workers. We work so hard throughout the week and weekend, we deserve a treat. I hope they enjoy all the hard work I put in baking for them.
This is a new one for me. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds.
From the complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook
Cream Cheese Filling
- 3/4 pound cream cheese (one and one-half 8-oz packages)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two 12-cup muffin tins with 18 cupcake papers
Cream Cheese Filling:
- In a medium bowl
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add the egg and beat well
- Stir in Chocolate chips.
- Set aside
- In a small bowl.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Set aside
- In a large bowl, on medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together the oil and sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla.
- Make sure all ingredients are well blended
- Carefully spoon the cupcake batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Drop a small scoop of the cream cheese filling on top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool in tins for 30 minutes.
- Remove from tins and cool on wire rack.