Home alone on an Friday night. Sad? Not really.
Freedom from making dinner and entertaining my Husband is good every once in a while.
What to do with myself?
Which inspired me to make something that Alex would never want to eat. Something without meat!
Maybe I’ll even get a good workout in. Though it’s still hot. I’ll think about it.
On to the recipe where I try to not get soup all over the place and long for an immersion blender.
Vegan Carrot Ginger Coconut Soup
From Joy The Baker
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 cups carrots, diced ( I sliced mine, you better dice yours)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add ginger and saute for another 4 minutes, until softened and fragrant.
- Add coriander and diced carrots.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Add the vegetable broth, reduce heat, and simmer mixture until carrots are completely softened, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend soup in batches until smooth.
- Return soup to pot, stir in coconut milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup warm.
The soup is super yummy, though it could have been smoother. I’m happy with how it turned out. Now it’s time to sit back and relax with Zoey.