I’m in day 5 of a 7 day stretch at work. So something easy was needed for dinner tonight. So since I seem to be on a Rachael Ray kick, I decided to make another one from “Just in Time”.
Inspired by Rachael Ray’s Walnut Chicken with Sherry and Rice Pilaf with Chives
- 1 package rice pilaf mix
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 – 1/2 pounds chicken, diced
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, pealed and diced
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into bit sized cubes
- 1 (8-oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup walnuts, diced
- Cook rice according to directions on box
- Heat oil in a large skillet on high heat.
- Add the chicken and brown the meat on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, and bell peppers.
- Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add the water chestnuts, black pepper, and sherry.
- Cook for a minute to reduce the Sherry.
- Add the soy sauce and walnuts.
- Season with black pepper.
- Fluff rice pilaf and serve with the chicken.