Then yesterday Alex informed me that he now has the head cold.
What to do?
Make healthy dinners full of…
Immune-boosting selenium (cashews)
Vitamin-C (Bell Peppers and Broccoli)
Lean Protein (Chicken)
Here is the first attempt.
Chicken, Bell Pepper, and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1/4 cup low-sodium broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, ginger, black pepper and corn starch.
- Set aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in stir-fry pan over high heat.
- Add onions and broccoli.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes
- Add peppers and garlic.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in pan.
- Add chicken
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach.
- Stir-fry until just beginning to wilt.
- Add sauce, vegetables, and nuts.
- Stir-fry until lightly coated with sauce.
- Serve over rice noodles.