- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- Lightly butter a standard 12-cup muffin pan
- In a large bowl,whisk together the eggs and salt.
- Stir in the milk and butter.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat in the flour and rosemary just until blended, do not over beat.
- Fill each cup one-half to two-thirds full.
- Place pan in a cold oven.
- Set the temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake until popovers are golden and crisp on the outsides, 10-15 minutes longer
- Quickly pierce each popover with a thin metal skewer to release the steam
- Leave popovers in the oven for a couple of minutes longer so they will crisp up a bit more.
- Serve immediately
I enjoy a good biscuit much better.
In other news.
I had a horrible day today.
I should have never gotten up.
While balancing my checkbook against my online bank statement I noticed a strange charge.
I called the bank up and yep a charge of $23+ at a shell station in Florida.
Now I have to cancel my card, again.
And wait for a new one to arrive, again.
This is the second time this has happened in the past three months.