Day 7.Oh my dear readers it is already the seventh day of December. Where has the time gone?
I still haven’t purchased a Christmas Tree, but all my other decorations are up.
Alex keeps asking me when I want to get the tree. I’m feeling reservations about having a tree this year. I’m not entirely sure why.
I love Christmas and especially the trees.
Maybe I’ll get one this weekend. At least a small one. Maybe it’ll cheer up the house hold.
The cats will like it. Maybe a little too much.
Well on to what we had for dinner tonight.
Left overs soup.
- Left over Turkey carcass
- Green beans not used for green bean dish
- Bacon not used for green bean dish
- 3 carrots, roughly diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3-4 red potatoes roughly diced.
- some garlic
- some salt
- some pepper
- some marjoram
- a dash of oregano
- Large can of chicken broth
- large container of chicken stock
- home made noodles.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pot.
- Saute onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add garlic.
- Add bacon broken into pieces.
- Cook for several minutes to melt fat on bacon.
- Add carrots
- Add broth and stock
- Add turkey, green beans, red bell pepper, celery, potatoes, and anything else!
- Add spices to taste
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer.
- Cook for 1 to 2 hours, until vegetables are soft.
- Add noodles about 10 minutes before serving.