Today I listened to Joy the Baker Podcast.
While making a 50 women game changers in food recipe for number 4 on the list.
Currently, I’m reading her unauthorized biography Just Desserts.
I don’t really have an opinion about her “domestic empire”, but I do like to look at her ideas.
Like it or not Martha Stewart is here to stay. She is part of our American culture for better or worse.
Now from her cookbook, “The Martha Stewart Cookbook: Collected Recipes for Every Day”, I have made…
Chocolate Mousse I (pg 406)
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 3 eggs separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate with butter (this is where a double boiler would come in handy)
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside to cool
- When chocolate mixture has reached room temperature, add the egg yolks and stir well
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Beating continuously, add the sugar until stiff peaks are formed
- Whisk a small portion of egg white into the chocolate mixture to lighten it.
- Gently fold in the remaining egg white
- Whip the cream with the vanilla until stiff
- Fold it into the chocolate mixture carefully
- Spoon mixture into individual containers (martini glasses? Wine glasses? Parfait dishes?)