Left over egg whites.
I had 8 of them from the honey tea cake.
I couldn’t just throw them away.
What is a girl to do?
And you say there are some left over pecans somewhere in the house.
Yes we can add them in too.
- 8 eggs whites
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 & 1/2 cups baker’s sugar
- 1 & 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Chop pecans, or put them in a bag and strike them with a wooden spoon.
- Place pecans on a baking sheet and put in oven.
- Roast pecans for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk egg whites until frothy.
- Add pinch of salt
- Whisk until soft peaks form
- Add sugar
- Continue whisking for 3 minutes
- Add vinegar
- Whisk until stiff peaks form
- Fold in Roasted pecans with rubber spatula
- Spoon onto parchment paper lined cooking sheet
- Place in 300 degree oven.
- Turn off heat
- Leave overnight in oven.