I read this post over at I Bake Without a couple of weeks ago. Alex and I have been discussing eating less meat and dairy products and this blog has some great ideas.
I really wanted to try the Oat Topped Cardamom Peaches recipe.
So tonight I did. Though I made a few alteration to the recipe. Go visit I Bake Without for the original.
Oat Topped Peaches
- 1 large can sliced peaches
- 6 cardamom pods crushed (pods discarded)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut.
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees F
- Pour can of peaches with syrup over the bottom of an oven proof dish
- Add vanilla extract over peaches
- Sprinkle over the peaches crushed cardamom and cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine oats, brown sugar, coconut, and butter
- Combine thoroughly
- Sprinkle over peaches in an even layer
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes