Another hot day and another round of soup. I must be crazy.
Thank you for all the good thoughts regarding my eye troubles. I really hope they clear up soon. It’s been an interesting week at work dealing with the reduced viability.
On to today’s project.
With Turkey of course.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Some chopped up cooked turkey as much as you want!
- 1 (28 oz) can of tomatoes, broken up
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium celery ribs, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 & 1/2 (32 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 1/2 box orzo
- Salt to taste
- Some potatoes, chopped
- Over medium heat place oil in pan
- Add carrots, onions, garlic, and celery
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add rosemary, bail, and parsley
- Cook until leaves wilted
- Add tomatoes
- Increase heat to medium high and cook covered for 5 to 10 minutes
- Add turkey, beans, and broth
- Add salt
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Add orzo
- Simmer for 15 minutes