There are so many grocery stores near my new home. We have been trying out several over the past few days to see which we like the best. The forerunner is Harris Teeter. Mostly because they sell Sour dough bread.
Did you know that in the state of Maryland you have to ask for a bag at the grocery store and then they charge you $0.05 for each bag? So, we picked up a few new bags since my beloved Chico bag got left behind in Chico.
In order to feel more at home we decided for dinner tonight to make our go to meal of Chili.
Though it seemed to be missing something. It’ll be better once my spices arrive, they are being shipped to me from California! We also need to remember to pick up a can opener. Since we had to borrow one from the landlords today to make our dish.
- One 14 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One 14 oz can tomato sauce
- One 6 oz can tomato paste
- One 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- One can green chilies
- One pound ground turkey
- One yellow onion diced
- One jalapeno
- Several small red and yellow diced
- Some diced garlic
- Some chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown turkey add to Slow cooker
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until soft add to slow cooker
- Saute peppers and jalapeno in olive oil for 5 to 10 minutes then add to slow cooker
- Add the rest of the ingredients to slow cooker
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Serve with crusty sour dough