Sometimes I need to bake. When I’m invited places I like to bring something I’ve made this is something I put together on Sunday afternoon.
Action shots are fun.
This is the crust!
The peanut butter mixture.
The brownie mixture.
Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
Adapted from The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tbs plus 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make the crust:
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Form into a ball of dough. Press dough into ungreased pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Peanut Butter Filling:
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the sugar, egg, and milk until incorporated. Put aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Put aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Add chocolate and mix until incorporated. Add flour mixture and chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1 cup of brownie batter and put aside.
- Spread brownie mixture over crust. With a spoon drop peanut butter filling over the top of the brownie mixture. Then drop the reserved brownie mixture over the top. Then take a knife and make a marble pattern.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chips.
- Cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.