Oh how the days are long, but the time is also flying by. I know that bébé will be crawling and walking and talking and going off to school before I know where all the time went. But… And it’s a big but. I need sleep. I need time to be a person. I need to be sane for my little bébé. I feel just a little unmoored. I feel as if I have no direction or anchor. I miss the structure of working. Having some place to be everyday at a specific time. I’m trying to cultivate a routine a rhythm for our days, but alas I have yet to find the energy to put this into practice. So for now I just go through my days and try and remember that bébé is all that matters.
In other news I made some lactation bars that were milk and soy free and they were so delicious that the whole pan was gone within 24 hours. I need to make these again and portion them out better.
Lactation Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups whole grain old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 2 tablespoons brewers yeast
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Milk and Soy free!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add all of the wet ingredients.
- Mix together well.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning once halfway for even baking.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and then cut as desired